NASHVILLE, Tenn., Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Craig Morgan, country music star and former emergency medical technician, today introduced a national awareness campaign in partnership with Kidde Fire Safety and the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation to remind families to 'Be a Safety Hero' by following five simple home fire safety steps. TV and digital spots featuring Morgan and Nashville firefighters will remind families of these steps and air surrounding "The 47 th Annual CMA Awards" on ABC. Each year, approximately 3,000 people die in home fires in the U.S., with most fires happening during the winter. Kidde, a leading manufacturer of residential fire safety products, is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
"As a former first responder, I've seen the damage home fires can cause. Many home fire deaths are preventable, and I want to do what I can to help keep families safe," said Morgan. In 2011, the country music star put his EMT training to use and rescued two children from a burning house in his home state.The National Fire Protection Association reports two-thirds of home fire deaths occur in homes with either no smoke alarm or no working alarm. Kidde's 'Be a Safety Hero' program focuses on these five steps:
- Replace smoke alarms older than 10 years old with units featuring a 10-year sealed-in battery. Kidde's Worry-Free line provides a decade of continuous protection with no low-battery chirps.
- Place fire extinguishers on every level of your home and make sure they are within reach.
- Install carbon monoxide alarms on each floor and near bedrooms.
- Develop and practice an escape plan with your family. Know two ways out of each room.
- Show your commitment by taking and sharing the pledge at alarmpledge.com; you'll help your family and help reduce the risk firefighters face when responding to a home fire.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV