BETHLEHEM, Pa., Nov. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:OSUR), a market leader in oral fluid diagnostics, today announced its consolidated financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2013.
- Consolidated net revenues for the third quarter of 2013 were $24.7 million, a 12% increase from the comparable quarter of 2012. Consolidated net revenues for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 were $70.2 million, a 7% increase from the comparable period of 2012. During the current quarter and nine month period, net product revenues increased 13% and 9%, respectively, compared to the year ago periods. These increases were primarily due to sales of the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV test and record revenues from the Company's molecular collection systems subsidiary, DNA Genotek ("DNAG").
- Net revenues for the third quarter and first nine months of 2013 included $1.9 million and $5.6 million in gross sales of the OraQuick® In-Home HIV test, respectively. These gross sales were reduced by customer allowances for cooperative advertising, cash discounts and other allowances, resulting in net revenues of $1.8 million and $5.2 million recorded in each respective period. There were no sales recorded for this product in the comparable 2012 periods.
- Net revenues generated by DNAG during the third quarter of 2013 were $5.0 million, a 48% increase from the comparable period in 2012. DNAG net revenues during the nine months ended September 30, 2013 were $13.6 million, a 36% increase from the comparable period in 2012. The increase in both periods was primarily the result of higher sales to commercial customers.
- Consolidated net loss for the third quarter of 2013 was $1.9 million, or $0.03 per share, which compares to a net loss of $2.4 million, or $0.04 per share, for the third quarter of 2012. Consolidated net loss for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 was $17.4 million, or $0.31 per share, which compares to a net loss of $9.2 million, or $0.18 per share, for the comparable period of 2012. The net loss for the third quarter and first nine months of 2013 included $1.9 million and $14.2 million in advertising and promotional expenses, respectively, associated with the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV test.
"We are pleased with the Company's record revenue performance for the third quarter," said Douglas A. Michels, President and CEO of OraSure Technologies. "Our molecular collection systems business continues to deliver strong growth and we are encouraged by the higher sales of our OraQuick® HCV test. We have also launched a new targeted promotional campaign for the OraQuick® In-Home HIV test in an effort to accelerate growth of that important product line."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV