RALEIGH, N.C., Nov. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Triangle Capital Corporation (NYSE:TCAP) ("Triangle" or the "Company"), a leading provider of capital to lower middle market companies, today announced its financial results for the third quarter of 2013.
- Total Investment Portfolio at Fair Value: $630.5 million
- Total Net Assets (Equity): $441.3 million
- Net Asset Value Per Share (Book Value): $15.94
- Weighted Average Yield on Debt Investments: 14.3%
- Efficiency Ratio (current quarter) (G&A Expenses/Total Investment Income): 20.3%
- Efficiency Ratio (year-to-date) (G&A Expenses/Total Investment Income): 19.8%
- Investment Portfolio Activity for the Quarter Ended September 30, 2013 - Cost of investments made during the period: $75.3 million - Principal repayments during the period: $92.9 million - Proceeds related to the sale of equity investments during the period: $5.5 million
- Financial Results for the Quarter Ended September 30, 2013 - Total investment income: $27.3 million - Net investment income: $16.8 million - Net investment income per share: $0.61 - Dividends paid per share: $0.54 - Net realized gains: $1.0 million - Net increase in net assets resulting from operations: $23.2 million - Net increase in net assets resulting from operations per share: $0.84
In commenting on the Company's results, Garland S. Tucker, III, Chief Executive Officer, stated, "The third quarter of 2013 was another very strong quarter for Triangle across all of the key metrics we track. Our new investment activity increased significantly during the quarter and our investment portfolio continues to perform well as we experienced both realized and unrealized gains during the quarter. Private equity sponsors that focus on the lower middle market are becoming increasingly active, which we believe bodes well for future investment opportunities for Triangle."Third Quarter 2013 Results Total investment income during the third quarter of 2013 was $27.3 million, compared to total investment income of $24.3 million for the third quarter of 2012, representing an increase of 12.3%. This increase was primarily attributable to an increase in non-recurring fee, dividend and PIK interest income totaling approximately $4.1 million, partially offset by a decrease in loan interest income of approximately $1.1 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV