Tailgate Like A Champ: Eckrich Offers Tips And Recipes
LISLE, Ill. , Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Although Kirk Herbstreit is most famous for analyzing the on-field action between college football's top rivals, the Emmy-winning broadcaster and Eckrich spokesperson knows about nearly everything surrounding the game, especially tailgating. And now, Eckrich, part of the John Morrell Food Group, a subsidiary of Smithfield Foods, is partnering with Herbstreit to share their advice with passionate Florida football tailgaters with Top-10 tips and tasty Eckrich Smoked Sausage recipes that bring the smoke to any tailgate.
Whether it's choosing which Eckrich recipes to prepare or how to man the grill, Eckrich and Herbstreit have it covered. The advice comes from years of traveling to Florida's best college campuses and seeing first-hand the fans who have turned tailgating into an art form."College football and tailgating are very popular in Florida," Herbstreit said. "I've seen the best setups, the best cooks and the best game day recipes that Florida has to offer and I'm excited to share a few tips I've picked up along the way. Hopefully this advice will make everyone's experience even better. And you can't go wrong serving Eckrich Smoked Sausage at your tailgate." Eckrich worked alongside Herbstreit to offer the following tailgating tips to fans:
- Make a list and pack as much as possible the night before the game.
- Keep the menu simple and pack prepared foods in disposable containers or freezer bags.
- Ice down the beverages just before you hit the road.
- Line your portable grill with aluminum foil for easy clean-up and disposal of used charcoal.
- Boil your sausage in beer for 2-3 minutes before grilling for added flavor.
- When the grill is ready, bring the smoke by piling on multiple varieties of delicious Eckrich Smoked Sausage.
- Avoid pressing down on your sausage while grilling to retain flavorful natural juices.
- Keep your grill closed as much as possible to trap the vapors that instill better flavor.
- Remember all the extras – mustard, sauerkraut, BBQ sauce – to score extra points with your friends.
- Bring enough food for everyone. It's better to have food to bring home than run out when you're there!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV