EdgeCast Networks announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM (NYSE:IBM) company and a leading provider of cloud computing infrastructure, has extended their multi-year partnership with EdgeCast. SoftLayer provides its customers a CDN built on the EdgeCast network as a key component of a complete portfolio of cloud service offerings, enabling customers to get content to users faster and more efficiently.
“Content delivery and acceleration has become a business requirement for organizations of any size, from nearly any industry,” said Marc Jones, SoftLayer VP of product innovation. “By leveraging the EdgeCast network, we have been able to bring industry-leading site acceleration, scale, and delivery to thousands of cloud customers.”
“SoftLayer is a leader in cloud computing, and this partnership is a prime example of how service providers can expand their global footprint with a top CDN,” said James Segil, co-founder and president of EdgeCast Networks. “By integrating with the EdgeCast portals and network, SoftLayer has been able to round out their portfolio with an accelerated content delivery platform, making it easy to speed up, secure, and scale any website.”
Cloud providers continue to choose EdgeCast for white-label and resale of CDN services, with the EdgeCast-SoftLayer partnership a strong example of the success cloud providers and web hosts are realizing by adding CDN services to their portfolios.EdgeCast’s global network now carries a substantial portion of worldwide Internet traffic and continues to experience surging customer demand, having recently added major customers including Hulu, Twitter, and Pinterest. About EdgeCast NetworksEdgeCast is the world’s fastest and most reliable content delivery network. The EdgeCast network serves billions of objects per hour on behalf of its customers and carries a substantial portion of the world’s Internet traffic. To learn more, visit www.edgecast.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV