Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Friday.
Baird raised its price target on Pharmacyclics (PCYC), but Cramer suggested that Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) was the safer way to invest in the industry. PCYC jumped 7.2% to $121.46.
Goldman Sachs upgraded Peabody Energy (BTU) to buy from hold. Cramer said this stock is a "China play" as well as a play on coal. BTU rose 4% to $20.87.
Credit Suisse said to buy WhiteWave Foods (WWAV) and Cramer agreed, calling it a "really terrific natural-food play." He added that investors shouldn't give up on the industry. WWAV ended the day 4.7% higher at $20.93.Barclays downgraded United Continental Holdings (UAL). Cramer disagreed with the call. When gasoline and jet fuel go down, "you want to buy this," he said, adding Delta Air Lines (DAL) is also a good stock. UAL rose 4% to $35.36. Merrill Lynch downgraded Deere (DE) to hold from buy. Cramer said the stock concerns him because of "falling corn prices." DE was unchanged at $81.50. DRAM pricing is expected to remain strong, which bodes well for Micron (MU). Cramer agreed, saying, "This stock goes to $20." MU was 2.2% higher at $18.11. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV