MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Holiday season is filled with family food traditions, from stuffing and pumpkin pie, to festive cakes and frosted sugar cookies. This year, wow your family, guests and friends with a fun, crunchy twist on the great tastes of holiday favorites. All you need is Chex® cereal, ingenious ingredient combinations and only 15 minutes in the microwave.
"Holiday season – also known as entertaining season – always leaves us looking for delicious, new recipes to wow guests," said Amber Holm, marketing director for Chex®. "With creative takes on traditional dishes, Chex® Party Mix will help you surprise your guests with familiar flavors and aromas, served up in a playful way that's sure to impress. The best part is that it only takes a matter of minutes to make."
Try these new takes on favorite holiday foods. Chex® cereal, which comes in a variety of flavors including the latest flavor to be introduced the new Vanilla Chex®, is the base for a wide variety of recipes sure to please all types of partygoers.
- Chex® Pumpkin Pie Crunch – Combine all the flavors of the season, including pumpkin spice, pecans, brown sugar, and vanilla with Cinnamon, Wheat and Honey Nut Chex® cereals and serve in a colorful pie plate. Set the plate out on the table with a scooper so guests can help themselves.
- Cornbread Chex® Party Mix – Corn Chex® cereal, butter, pecans, cornbread & muffin mix come together to recreate the delicious taste of cornbread; serve this snack in a cast iron skillet as a special cocktail party treat this fall.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex® Party Mix – On a cold winter night, treat your family and friends to a delicious, warm cupful of Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex® Party Mix. Combine new Vanilla Chex®, Chocolate Chex® and Cinnamon Chex® cereals, chocolate chips, condensed milk, cinnamon, coconut and marshmallows to put a fun spin on this classic winter treat. Serve it in festive mug, perhaps with a candy cane garnish.
- Red Velvet Chex® Party Mix – Wow guests by serving up the rich flavor of red velvet cake with Chocolate Chex® cereal combined with brown sugar, margarine, red velvet cake mix and cream cheese frosting. In bright red bowls or shiny silver serving dishes, this snack looks beautiful on the table.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV