MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SPS Commerce, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPSC), a leader in enterprise retail cloud services, today unveiled the second annual Retail Insights industry benchmark report. Conducting market analysis on behalf of SPS Commerce, Retail Systems Research (RSR) surveyed hundreds of retail practitioners in August 2013. The Retail Insight: The Impact of Omni-Channel Trends for 2014 and Beyond report quantifies the state of the retail industry, identifies investment priorities for 2014 and outlines the execution of omni-channel strategies to reach today's social and mobile consumer.
"The new digital consumer is placing more demands on retailers than ever before – a seamless purchasing experience across all supply chain channels," stated Peter Zaballos, vice president of marketing at SPS Commerce. "Rising consumer expectations are driving the retail ecosystem to be more nimble, social and flexible in selling strategies and operations. This year's Retail Insight research clearly shows retail is rebounding, but the consumer is outpacing the industry's ability to change."
The Retail Insight benchmark study revealed the following about the retail industry:
- 79 percent of retailers expect sales growth to be much better or somewhat better in 2014, yet 94 percent have not fully executed an omni-channel strategy;
- 82 percent agree that product availability, pricing and social media channels trigger digital consumer purchases;
- 57 percent expect drop ship sales to grow 11-50 percent in 2014, with retailers viewing drop ship as something that trusted partners graduate to in their partnership; and
- 46 percent of retailers are increasing budgets, recognizing there is headroom for growth.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts