Time Warner (TWX) Marked As A Barbarian At The Gate
- TWX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $269.3 million.
- TWX has traded 6.0 million shares today.
- TWX traded in a range 204.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.90.
- TWX traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 5 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 5 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TWX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TWX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TWX: Time Warner Inc. operates as a media and entertainment company in the United States and internationally. The company operates in three segments: Networks, Film and TV Entertainment, and Publishing. The Networks segment consists of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Home Box Office, Inc. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. TWX has a PE ratio of 18.7. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Time Warner a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Time Warner has been 4.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Time Warner has a market cap of $63.3 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.42 and a short float of 1.6% with 3.89 days to cover. Shares are up 43.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Time Warner as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.65, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.16, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 92.85% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 58.13% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TWX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TIME WARNER INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TIME WARNER INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.08 versus $2.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.74 versus $3.08).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 86.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $413.00 million to $771.00 million.
- You can view the full Time Warner Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.