Casey's General Stores (CASY) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
- CASY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.1 million.
- CASY has traded 287,526 shares today.
- CASY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CASY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CASY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CASY: Casey's General Stores, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates convenience stores under the Casey's General Store name in 14 Midwestern states, primarily Iowa, Missouri, and Illinois. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. CASY has a PE ratio of 22.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Casey's General Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Casey's General Stores has been 181,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. The stock has a beta of 0.62 and a short float of 3.4% with 6.20 days to cover. Shares are up 39.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Casey's General Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food & Staples Retailing industry. The net income increased by 42.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $39.03 million to $55.71 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $138.23 million or 29.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.47%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 41.58% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.37% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- CASEYS GENERAL STORES INC has improved earnings per share by 41.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CASEYS GENERAL STORES INC reported lower earnings of $2.86 versus $3.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.73 versus $2.86).
- You can view the full Casey's General Stores Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.