The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) was honored yesterday by the Richardson, Texas, Chamber of Commerce and the City of Richardson with the 2013 Economic Development, Growth & Expansion Initiative (EDGE) “Loyalty Award.” The award is presented each year to local businesses that have shown a longstanding commitment to the Richardson community.
“The Chamber and the Richardson community have been great partners in supporting Travelers’ presence here, which spans more than 10 years,” said David Lavergne, Travelers Regional President for the South Central Region. “We are honored to be recognized for the contributions our employees make in the Richardson area. Their passion for both our company and the communities in which they live and work is really the driving force behind our deep, local connections to the state.”
EDGE is the initiative of the Richardson Economic Development Partnership (REDP), a joint effort of the Richardson Chamber of Commerce and the City of Richardson. Each year, the REDP recognizes Richardson businesses and organizations which have made significant investments in the community and/or achieved outstanding success.
The EDGE Loyalty Award is one of seven awards given to businesses. The Loyalty Award recognizes a company that has shown longevity in the community, as well as a significant economic impact on employment, growth or other community contributions. Travelers’ office in Richardson is the company’s third largest in the United States.About TravelersThe Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has approximately 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $26 billion in 2012. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV