HOUSTON, Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Years of experience protecting some of the world's most sensitive information has led Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) to develop intelligence-driven cyber security defenses that can provide insight into the sophisticated adversaries targeting oil and gas companies' intellectual property and operations. The Lockheed Martin Commercial Cyber Security team will share their expertise at the eighth annual American Petroleum Institute Cyber Security conference.
"Today, our commercial critical infrastructure clients face a new class of security threats from sophisticated and highly organized actors looking to steal intellectual property and disrupt operations," said Chandra McMahon, vice president of commercial markets for Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions. "To harden systems against these threats, we have developed a more forward-leaning posture that we call Intelligence Driven Defense ®, which enables us to defend ourselves, our partners and our clients against advanced threats by proactively preventing access to critical services and infrastructure."
During the conference, scheduled for November 12-13, in Houston, Texas, Lockheed Martin's cyber experts will discuss Intelligence Driven Defense ® and how it can provide the insights into the threats facing the oil and gas industry, best practices to protect critical operations, and lessons learned to maximize return on security investment. Lockheed Martin speakers are as follows:
- George Ressopoulos, Lockheed Martin Senior Security Consultant, will present " The Cyber Threat Horizon."
- Jim Pruitt, Lockheed Martin Cyber Security Professional Services Manager will present " Intelligence Driven Defense ® for Industrial Control Systems."
- Nicole Powell, Lockheed Martin Cyber Solution Engineer, and Angela Haun, Special Agent & Houston InfraGard Chapter Coordinator, FBI, will present " Understanding and Dealing with a Perpetual State of Breach."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV