PARIS, Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has deployed a 4G LTE network for Setar, the leading telecommunications service provider on the Caribbean island of Aruba.
The deployment, which marks the launch of 4G services on the island, makes use of 20 MHz of spectrum in the 1800MHz frequency band to deliver one of the world's fastest 4G LTE networks, with a high quality of experience for users of smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices. Setar has also deployed small cells in strategic locations around the island to increase indoor access to Setar's 3G (WCDMA) network.
Setar will deliver ultra-broadband mobile access to Aruba, a 33 kilometer-long island in the southern Caribbean with a population of over 100,000. As a popular tourism location Setar will deliver world-class mobile broadband access to tourists and residents alike, wherever they want it throughout the island and inside buildings.
- Setar's utilization of 20 MHz of bandwidth provides their customers island-wide ultra-broadband access on one of the fastest 4G LTE networks in the world
- Alcatel-Lucent's LTE Solution deployment includes:
- lightRadio small cells adding capacity and coverage to Setar's 3G service
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV