Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume: URS Corporation (URS)
- URS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.5 million.
- URS traded 62,600 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:44 AM, representing 10.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in URS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for URS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on URS: URS Corporation provides engineering, construction, and technical services to public agencies and private sector clients worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. URS has a PE ratio of 12.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate URS Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for URS Corporation has been 765,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. URS has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.52 and a short float of 7% with 9.14 days to cover. Shares are up 37.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates URS Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- URS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 26.38% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 61.94% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, URS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- URS CORP has improved earnings per share by 26.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, URS CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $4.17 versus -$6.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.25 versus $4.17).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $40.60 million or 29.71% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, URS CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 23.18%.
- You can view the full URS Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.