Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified InterMune (ITMN) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified InterMune as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ITMN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.1 million.
- ITMN traded 158,961 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:32 AM, representing 15.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ITMN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ITMN NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on ITMN: InterMune, Inc., a biotechnology company, engages in the research, development, and commercialization of therapies in pulmonology and orphan fibrotic diseases. The company focuses on therapies for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), a progressive and fatal lung disease. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate InterMune a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for InterMune has been 902,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. InterMune has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 4.72 and a short float of 17.6% with 12.12 days to cover. Shares are up 49.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates InterMune as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally high debt management risk and disappointing return on equity.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has decreased by 22.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$40.92 million to -$49.92 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.77 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, INTERMUNE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- INTERMUNE INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INTERMUNE INC reported poor results of -$2.84 versus -$2.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$2.84 versus -$2.84).
- The gross profit margin for INTERMUNE INC is currently very high, coming in at 86.01%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -253.17% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full InterMune Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about ITMN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV