WEST MELBOURNE, Fla., Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RELM Wireless Corporation (NYSE MKT: RWC) today announced a Pennsylvania county order totaling approximately $1.6 million for its KNG UHF trunked portable and mobile radios including accessories. These radios will be deployed on the county-wide radio communication system in fire, law enforcement and other public safety applications. This order is anticipated to be fulfilled during the fourth quarter of 2013.
RELM President and Chief Executive Officer David Storey commented, "We are particularly pleased to receive this order, which is in addition to other orders from the county placed earlier this year. Our aggregate sales to this customer in 2013 now total approximately $2.8 million, and a significant follow-on order such as this is a solid validation of our value proposition and customer service."
Mr. Storey continued, "The KNG product line was designed with opportunities like this in mind. In the past our business has been predominantly with federal agencies. The KNG line, with its multiple frequencies and enhanced technology such as P25 trunking, expands our addressable market and enables us to compete at the state and local government agency level. With wins here and earlier this year in places like Harris County, Texas, we have carved out some initial footholds. Our mission now is to replicate these successes with additional customers more often and on a larger scale."
About APCO Project 25 (P25)APCO Project 25 (P25), which requires interoperability among compliant equipment regardless of the manufacturer, was established by the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials and is approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The shift toward interoperability gained momentum as a result of significant communications failures in critical emergency situations. RELM was one of the first manufacturers to develop P25-compliant technology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV