BLUE BELL, Pa., Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today debuted Mobile Environment Management (MEM) 2.0, a set of cloud-based or on-premise managed mobility services aimed at helping CIOs better support, manage and secure mobile technologies and resources used within the organization.
While the proliferating usage of "bring-your-own" devices (BYOD) in the workplace is making employees more mobile and productive, the plethora of different devices and data plans can lead to a costly "BYOD sprawl" of unsupported, unmanaged and untraceable technologies.
In addition, as Unisys-sponsored research has shown, many workers are using unsupported applications that unwittingly create security and support hazards for the company.
Building on Unisys' suite of mobility solutions, the Unisys MEM 2.0 services provide IT organizations with a standard framework for managing and supporting mobile users and resources, while maintaining the security of corporate assets and reducing the cost of service delivery."Mobile device management and other point solutions alone can't help CIOs tame the management challenges of widespread mobility," said Larry Dunn, vice president, solution portfolio management, Unisys Global Managed Services. "Clients tell us they need a mobile services solution that addresses a full range of technology and business issues – from business process redesign through application management to expense management. Unisys Mobile Environment Management services provide a comprehensive suite of managed mobility services that meets that need." The following offerings comprise Mobile Environment Management 2.0: They are available as a suite, in modular combinations, or as standalone services:
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) Services. In release 2.0, Unisys has enhanced this service to manage policies for clients' Android, Windows 8 and Windows RT devices, in addition to the iOS and BlackBerry devices already supported. Unisys can provision applications and place documents securely on all of those devices. The service also includes a service desk to respond to simple incident requests, such as informational queries, password resets and device wipes. An enhanced service option (MDMe) includes a Secure Email Gateway service that validates policy when mobile devices connect to the client's Exchange ActiveSync servers.
- Mobile Application Management (MAM) Services. These new services provide end users with an enterprise application store (EAS) that can deliver mobile apps, manage volume licenses for consumer apps purchased in Apple iTunes, define application usage policy and report on app usage. An enhanced option (MAMe) provides additional security, wrapping apps in an extra layer of software so they can securely access enterprise infrastructure.
- Mobile Content Management (MCM) Services. These new services enable end users to access mobile document libraries (MDL) via their mobile devices. The services also enable IT managers to define policies for use of mobile documents and deliver and remove documents sent to end users through the library.
- Telecom Expense Management (TEM) Services. These new services help businesses streamline use of mobile and data plans by tracking end users' smartphone usage and expenses. They can identify top resource users and use that data to evaluate the cost-efficiency of current plans and propose new plans that are more efficient in containing and reducing expenses.
- Mobile End-User Support Services. An extension of Unisys' end-user support services, these new services are designed to provide the full range of mobile-user support to improve workforce productivity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV