MADISON, Wis. and PARIS, Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU), the leading network technology group, and TDS Telecommunications Corp. (TDS Telecom), the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S., today announced that Kindsight security technology is powering TDS' Hacker Alert service.
The Kindsight Broadband Security solution enables TDS to continuously analyze Internet traffic for threats, inform subscribers and provide directions on how to remove 'malware' or other infections on a device. TDS Hacker is the fastest selling value-added service in the company's history and already ranks as the second most popular premium service that TDS offers.
With this move, TDS can quickly address the problem of subscribers that lack security protection for their devices, or have insufficient or outdated anti-virus software. The security service helps consumers avoid getting malware by visiting infected websites, opening infected attachments or files on an USB stick which can lead to embarrassment, general annoyance, even identify theft.
Key Facts :
- TDS Hacker Alert uses Alcatel-Lucent's Kindsight Broadband Security technology to alert subscribers when devices in their home network are infected by malware and to help them remove the threat.
- In addition to protecting subscribers, TDS is removing unwanted malicious traffic on its network and reducing call volume into its customer support center
- Kindsight Security Labs Malware Quarterly Report found that 10% of home networks and over 0.5% of mobile devices were infected with malware, both increases from the previous quarter.
- Malicious software or "malware" is used by hackers to gain access to devices, steal personal information, generate massive quantities of spam, launch denial of service attacks on business and governments and commit millions of dollars in fraudulent banking and advertising scams.
- The Kindsight Broadband Security solution is key element of The Shift Plan, Alcatel-Lucent's industrial strategy to become a specialist vendor of IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV