NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's buy-and-trade earnings previews focus on 11 companies in nine sectors including Dow component Disney (DIS) which reports in afterhours trading on Thursday and Priceline (PCLN) which also reports afterhours Thursday. It will be interesting to see whether or not Priceline can stay above a grand a share.
The eight sectors include two stocks from the consumer discretionary sector and two from the industrial products sector, and one each in these sectors; auto-tires-trucks, computer and technology, construction, consumer staples, medial, oils-energy and retail-wholesale.
With the stock market near all-time -- multi-year highs, and with the yield on the 30-year Treasury bond rising to 3.75%, the ValuEngine valuation warning intensified to a year to date high with 83.3% of all stocks overvalued. The percent of all stocks overvalued by 20% or more is also at a 2013 high at 53.3%. We still show that 15 or 16 sectors are overvalued by double-digit percentages, with 12 overvalued by 20.4% to 28.1%.
The auto-tire-trucks sector is 25.9% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 96 stocks 43.8% in this sector have sell or strong sell ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV