‘Tis the season to be jolly, right? According to a recent national Staples, Inc. survey the stress level of many Americans peaks just as holiday shopping hits its peak. Sixty-three percent of gift givers report that nearly half of the people on their list are difficult to buy for, causing stress and frustration. To help ease holiday stress, Staples makes it easy to find the perfect gift for those who are difficult to buy for.
The survey also shows that shoppers are seeking omnichannel solutions to holiday shopping, with two-thirds saying they are equally as likely to purchase gifts online as they are to shop in-store.
"At Staples, we make it easy with more ways than ever to find the perfect gifts at guaranteed low prices both in-store and online at the new Staples.com,” said Alison Corcoran, senior vice president North American stores and online marketing, Staples. “Whether it’s picking up a hostess gift, teacher gift, stocking stuffers for kids, the hottest new technology, gifts for the know-it-all co-worker or even a gift for your boss, Staples offers shoppers convenient, affordable options for all your holiday needs.”
The Holiday Center on the new Staples.com launched this week, providing perfect gift ideas in many categories. Shoppers who prefer to shop in store can take advantage of Staples extended holiday hours with stores opening at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day in most locations. Visit Staples.com for store locations and hours.Finding Perfect Gifts The Staples study reveals that 87 percent of gift shoppers admit they’ve had problems buying presents during the holiday season. Additional survey findings include:
- 95 percent of Americans buy winter holiday gifts each year.
- 56 percent worry about finding the perfect gift for everyone on their list.
- 42 percent of holiday gift-givers care more about finding the perfect gifts than saving money or time.
- 40 percent of gift givers will buy technology or tech accessories this gift-giving season.
- 62 percent of gift givers can point to at least one person on their list who they buy the exact same gift for every time.
- 53 percent of gift givers have had difficulty buying gifts because they ran out of ideas.