Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Curis reported a net loss of $1.9 million, or ($0.02) per share on both a basic and fully diluted basis for the third quarter of 2013, as compared to a net loss of $3.4 million or ($0.04) per share on both a basic and fully diluted basis for the same period in 2012. Curis reported a net loss of $8.1 million, or ($0.10) per share on both a basic and fully diluted basis for the nine months ended September 30, 2013, as compared to a net loss of $4.0 million or ($0.05) per share on both a basic and fully diluted basis for the same period in 2012.
Revenues for the third quarter of 2013 were $7.2 million, as compared to $578,000 for the same period in 2012. This increase in revenues was primarily due to an increase in license revenue as the result of a $6.0 million milestone earned from Genentech/Roche upon the conditional approval of Erivedge® (vismodegib) by the European Commission in July 2013. In addition, royalties received from Genentech/Roche's net sales of Erivedge during the quarter also increased to $1.1 million, as compared to $446,000 during the same period in 2012.
Revenues for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 were $13.5 million, as compared to $15.3 million for the same period in 2012. The decrease in revenues for the nine-month period was primarily due to a decrease in our license fee revenues from Genentech, which included a $10 million milestone payment upon FDA approval of Erivedge® in January 2012 as compared to the $6 million earned in the third quarter of 2013. This decrease was partially offset by an increase in royalty revenues, which were $2.5 million and $970,000 for the nine month periods ending September 30, 2013 and 2012, respectively. During the nine months ended September 30, 2013, Curis also recorded $650,000 in milestone payments received from The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV