Boston Elects "Working Class Hero" To Mayor's Office
WASHINGTON, Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Terry O'Sullivan, General President of LIUNA – the Laborers' International Union of North America – and Armand E. Sabitoni, General Secretary-Treasurer, made the following statement regarding the election of LIUNA member Marty Walsh as Mayor of Boston:
"On behalf of the half-million proud, hard-working members of LIUNA, we congratulate Marty Walsh on his successful campaign for mayor. Electing Marty mayor is a tremendous victory for all residents of Boston, regardless of where they come from, what language they speak or what kind of work they do. We are confident he will be a true champion for workers and their families and a strong example of progress to leaders of other major cities.
Marty ran the most diverse, most inclusive election campaign in the history of Boston. It was a positive, successful campaign because of who he is and because he has never forgotten where he comes from. He followed in his father's footsteps as a laborer and earned the respect of his fellow workers on the job, in LIUNA Local 223 in the New England Region and throughout Boston building trades unions. He went on to win the respect of voters, serving as a state lawmaker. And now he has won the respect and confidence of voters in one of the country's largest cities.Marty is a proud laborer and we are proud of him. He is a working class hero. We are confident he will work tirelessly to create good jobs, help build more pathways to the middle class and live up to the expectations of one of America's greatest cities."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV