HEMIA® "Shaker" Returns - 2014 Challenger R/T And Mopar '14 Challenger Models Deliver Power, Performance And Even More Heritage-Inspired Style For Hardcore Dodge And Mopar Enthusiasts
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- With its functional "Shaker" hood and unmistakable Dodge muscle-car cues, the new 2014 Challenger R/T Shaker marks the return of one of the brand's most coveted performance options
- Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker features the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine with unique hood and intake design combined with a functional exposed-element cold-air intake system
- New Mopar '14 Challenger model revealed: only 100 serialized coupes will be built, offering "Mopar-or-no-car" fans the rarest factory-produced Dodge Challenger model to date with unique "Moparized" equipment
- All-new Dodge Scat Packages unleash more horsepower and torque thanks to three Mopar-engineered stage kits arriving in Spring 2014
Dodge and Mopar brands are "shaking" it up at the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association's (SEMA) annual show in Las Vegas. The two Detroit-born brands are teaming up to reveal the new 2014 Challenger R/T Shaker and Mopar '14 Challenger models, all engineered for hard-core enthusiasts who demand more throwback style with easily upgradable performance.
"The legendary Shaker performance hood is back, with its engine-mounted, fully floating scoop and exposed high-flow element that produces cold-air induction -- making the new 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker the real deal," said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO of Dodge Brand. "With Challenger having its best sales-year ever, the time is right to provide our most loyal fans with the return of the Shaker, and even more power with new 'Scat Package,' performance stage kits.""With Mopar engineers working alongside Dodge designers and engineers, we created these factory-proven products to amplify performance and style in a way that no one else can," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "The 'Shaker', 'Scat Packages' and our new Mopar '14 celebrate customized performance." 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T ShakerInjecting a fresh shot of heritage into the Challenger lineup, the new 2014 R/T Shaker model features unique throwback muscle-car cues that link directly to Dodge brand's performance legacy. As the model name suggests, the legendary "cold-air grabbing" Shaker not only looks good with its Satin Black center-mounted hood scoop, snorkeling up from the engine compartment, it also directs cooler air back into the HEMI ® V-8 engine. And like the original 1970 Challenger R/T with the Shaker hood, the new 2014 model continues the Dodge tradition of an engine-mounted hood scoop that "shakes" with the powertrain's movement. Designed for muscle-car buffs who can't help but tinker with their toys, the Challenger R/T Shaker features the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine producing over 400 lb.-ft. of torque, with a functional Shaker hood with Mopar cold-air intake, conical air filter and optimized air box for improved airflow and performance. Lift the hood and enthusiasts will also be treated to an under-hood "Shaker" badge -- reminiscent of the 1970s original.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts