After-Hours Trading Shows QEP Resources (QEP) Lagging
- QEP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $71.6 million.
- QEP is down 5.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QEP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QEP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on QEP: QEP Resources, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.2%. QEP has a PE ratio of 40.0. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate QEP Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for QEP Resources has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. QEP has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.15 and a short float of 4.1% with 3.16 days to cover. Shares are up 8.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates QEP Resources as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QEP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 50.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for QEP RESOURCES INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.32%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.75% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 14.00% over the past twelve months. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.03 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, QEP maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.92, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, QEP RESOURCES INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full QEP Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.