After-Hours Trading Shows QEP Resources (QEP) Lagging
- QEP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $71.6 million.
- QEP is down 5.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QEP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QEP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on QEP: QEP Resources, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.2%. QEP has a PE ratio of 40.0. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate QEP Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for QEP Resources has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. QEP has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.15 and a short float of 4.1% with 3.16 days to cover. Shares are up 8.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates QEP Resources as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QEP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 50.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for QEP RESOURCES INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.32%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.75% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 14.00% over the past twelve months. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.03 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, QEP maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.92, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, QEP RESOURCES INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full QEP Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV