Trade-Ideas: Gulfport Energy Corporation (GPOR) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- GPOR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $132.4 million.
- GPOR is up 5.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPOR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPOR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPOR: Gulfport Energy Corporation engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties. GPOR has a PE ratio of 39.1. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Gulfport Energy Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Gulfport Energy Corporation has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. The stock has a beta of 2.31 and a short float of 15.3% with 5.68 days to cover. Shares are up 54.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gulfport Energy Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GPOR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- GPOR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, GPOR has a quick ratio of 1.94, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 74.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $25.12 million to $43.83 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $38.54 million or 28.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -12.83%.
- The gross profit margin for GULFPORT ENERGY CORP is currently very high, coming in at 79.74%. Regardless of GPOR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GPOR's net profit margin of 62.43% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full Gulfport Energy Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV