Net Investment Income Continues to Exceed Dividends Net Asset Value ("NAV") Increases to $14.95 per Share
FARMINGTON, Conn., Nov. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (Nasdaq:HRZN) (the "Company" or "Horizon"), a leading specialty finance company that provides secured loans to venture capital and private equity-backed development-stage companies in the technology, life science, healthcare information and services, and cleantech industries, today announced its third quarter financial results for the three months ended September 30, 2013.
Third Quarter 2013 Highlights
- Earned net investment income ("NII") of $3.5 million, or $0.36 per share
- Achieved a portfolio weighted average yield of 14.6%
- Increased net assets from operations by $3.9 million, or $0.41 per share
- Net asset value equaled $143.4 million, or $14.95 per share
- Experienced liquidity events from three portfolio companies
- Held warrants and equity in 11 public companies with a combined fair value of $1.8 million
- Total liquidity as of September 30, 2013 was approximately $37.4 million
- Funded $11.5 million in loans to new and existing portfolio companies
- Closed new loan commitments totaling $8.0 million
- Ended the quarter with an investment portfolio of $241.3 million
- Unfunded loan approvals and commitments totaled $11.8 million
- Declared dividends of $0.115 per share for each of October, November and December 2013
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV