Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE: ODP), a leading global provider of office supplies and services, today announced the departure of five directors who informed the Company that they would not seek to be appointed to the new Board of Directors following the proposed merger of Office Depot, Inc. and OfficeMax Incorporated.
Kathleen Mason joined the Office Depot Board in 2006. Justin Bateman and Raymond Svider were appointed to the Board in 2009. Tom Colligan served on the Board since 2010, and Eugene Fife was elected to the Board in 2012. The departure is expected to be effective today at the time of closing of the merger with OfficeMax.
Neil Austrian, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Office Depot, stated, “Each of these Board members was instrumental in guiding the Company through a period of difficult economic conditions as well as executing two of the Company’s largest value creation opportunities – the sale of our stake in the Mexican joint venture and our historic merger with OfficeMax. On behalf of the Company, I thank each of them for their leadership and wish them much success in their future endeavors.”
About Office DepotOffice Depot provides office supplies and services through more than 1,300 worldwide retail stores, a field sales force, top-rated catalogs and e-commerce operations, all delivered through a global network of wholly owned operations, licensees, franchisees and alliance partners. Office Depot has annual sales of approximately $10.7 billion, employs about 38,000 associates and serves customers in 59 countries around the world. Office Depot’s common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ODP. Additional press information can be found at: http://news.officedepot.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV