- Third quarter 2013 results included a $381 million pre-tax gain on the sale of our investment in the Mexican joint venture (JV), as well as $138 million in income tax expense driven largely by the JV sale. The quarter also included a $22 million preferred stock redemption dividend, and approximately $93 million of pre-tax charges. The charges were comprised primarily of $44 million in goodwill impairment triggered by the JV sale, $40 million in merger and certain shareholder-related expenses, $4 million in restructuring activities, and $5 million in non-cash store impairment charges in the North American Retail Division. Excluding the items above, adjusted net income for the third quarter of 2013, after preferred stock dividends, was $5 million or $0.02 per share.
- The prior year third quarter results included approximately $96 million of pre-tax charges, consisting of $88 million in asset impairment charges and $8 million in restructuring and other charges. Excluding these items, third quarter 2012 net income, after preferred stock dividends, was $18 million or $0.06 per share.
Office Depot Announces Third Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.