DOVER, Del., Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At their meeting held on November 5, 2013, the Board of Directors of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.385 per share on the Company's common stock. The $0.385 per share dividend will be paid on January 6, 2014 to all shareholders of record at the close of business on December 16, 2013.
Chesapeake has paid a dividend to its shareholders for 52 consecutive years. The Board of Directors increased the quarterly dividend by 5.5% in May of 2013. This represents the tenth consecutive year of an increase in the dividend on an annualized basis, reaffirming the Board of Directors' continued confidence in the sustainable long-term earnings growth of the Company.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is a diversified utility company engaged in natural gas distribution, transmission and marketing; electric distribution; propane distribution and wholesale marketing; advanced information services and other related businesses. Information about Chesapeake Utilities Corporation and the Chesapeake family of businesses is available at http://www.chpk.com.
For more information, contact: Beth W. CooperSenior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer302.734.6799SOURCE Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV