ST. LOUIS, Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Peabody Energy today announced that Eric Ford, Executive Vice President – Office of the Chief Executive Officer, plans to retire effective Jan. 31, 2014, following a successful career of more than 40 years in the global mining sector.
"We are thankful for Eric's many contributions to Peabody's success, including his leadership of operations on three continents and his recent guidance of the integration of our Australian operations," said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Gregory H. Boyce. "We wish Eric well in his transition, and he has left behind a deep bench of talent and a global platform that continues to drive record safety performance, a culture of operational excellence and significant cost improvements."
Ford has held a series of executive leadership roles with Peabody since joining the company in 2007, including Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer and Chairman – Australia. Ford will assist Peabody in a consulting role through 2014.
Peabody Energy is the world's largest private-sector coal company and a global leader in sustainable mining and clean coal solutions. The company serves metallurgical and thermal coal customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. For further information, go to PeabodyEnergy.com and CoalCanDoThat.com. CONTACT: Meg Gallagher (314) 342-4351(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120724/CG44353LOGO) SOURCE Peabody Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV