Turning to the companies' production growth, Sheffield said the company remains on target for 14% growth this year, expanding to 17% to 18% over the next five years. Those estimates, he noted, are with west Texas crude prices falling below $85 a barrel.
Cramer said that Pioneer remains a great growth story.
Executive Decision: Francois NaderIn his final "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Dr. Francois Nader, president and CEO of orphan drug maker NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP), a stock that was crushed by 15% in today's trading. Nader said NPS exceeded its internal expectations for the quarter and Wall Street's expectations simply got ahead of themselves. He quipped that his job is to deliver great drugs to patients and not to manage analyst expectations. Nader also noted that for its main drug, Gattex, the addressable market still sits between 3,000 and 5,000 patients. Yet, NPS currently only has 455 prescriptions for the drug, leaving a lot of marketshare remaining. He said NPS has seen no issues with reimbursements from insurance providers for their drugs, even with their absorb anent price tags, given how much the alternatives costs. NPS also has opportunities to expand into international markets as well as expanding their indications to include more types of patients. Cramer said this stock's big pullback has created a great opportunity. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV