GROTON, Conn., Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics Electric Boat an $18.2 million contract modification to perform reactor-plant planning yard services for nuclear submarines and support-yard services for moored training ships. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Initially awarded in November 2011, the contract has a potential cumulative value of $121.2 million through 2016 if all options are exercised. Most of the work will be performed in Groton, with the remainder taking place in Charleston, S.C., where the moored training ships are based.
This work will engage Electric Boat's engineering and design organization, which comprises more than 4,000 employees. Possessing proven technical capabilities, these employees work on all facets of the submarine lifecycle from concept formulation and design through construction, maintenance and modernization, and eventually to inactivation and disposal.More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Electric Boat
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV