NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer, who co-manages the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said they are making some changes to a few of their positions.
Cramer was quick to note that Honeywell was far from a bad stock, but simply suggested that he wanted to trim the position since it has become too big in the portfolio.
He added that when stocks make big moves, investors need to trim the position and sell into some of the strength.Turning to Linn Energy, Cramer said he had been hoping for a deal with Berry Petroleum (BRY), which happened over the weekend. While he admitted that Linn had to pay a high premium for the deal, it's okay because of the positive direction that oil production is going. He added that Berry Petroleum has solid assets in California and the deal is ultimately "terrific news" for Linn. Cramer concluded that if the stock comes back down in the $25 to $29 range, he would be a buyer of Linn Energy. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV