MCLEAN, Va., Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- USA TODAY and National Geographic Channel have partnered on a special tabloid edition: JFK 50 Years Later: Tragedy, Memories, Hope Live On. The special edition looks at the traumatic impact the death of the 35 th U.S. president on Nov. 22, 1963 had on the nation and his enduring legacy.
The 48-page all color special edition includes:
- A close-up look at the making of National Geographic Channel's movie, "Killing Kennedy," which airs at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Sunday, Nov. 10. The movie, based on Bill O'Reilly's best-selling book, stars Rob Lowe as Kennedy. The special edition includes: a Q&A with O'Reilly; a tour of the movie set; and essays by Rob Lowe, who plays JFK, Ginnifer Goodwin, who plays Jacqueline Kennedy, and other stars of the movie.
- A look back at what was going on in the world just moments before the assassination.
- Kennedy's legacy in West Virginia, where he won a crucial primary to win the Democratic presidential nomination in 1960.
- Lingering questions about the investigation into his assassination and a portrait of his killer, Lee Harvey Oswald.
- How the city of Dallas, scarred by the assassination, has moved on.
- A view of what JFK's death meant to kids of the 1960s.
- An essay by a reporter who covered the assassination.
- A look at books, movies and television shows on Kennedy.
The special edition is on newsstands now and can also be ordered online at http://service.usatoday.com/specialeditions.
Killing Kennedy premieres November 10 on National Geographic Channel. For more information, visit www.kennedyandoswald.com.About National Geographic Channels Based at the National Geographic Society headquarters in Washington, D.C., the National Geographic Channels US are a joint venture between National Geographic and Fox Networks. The Channels contribute to the National Geographic Society's commitment to exploration, conservation and education with smart, innovative programming and profits that directly support its mission. Launched in January 2001, National Geographic Channel (NGC) celebrated its fifth anniversary with the debut of NGC HD. In 2010, the wildlife and natural history cable channel Nat Geo WILD was launched, and in 2011, the Spanish-language network Nat Geo Mundo was unveiled. The Channels have carriage with all of the nation's major cable, telco and satellite television providers, with NGC currently available in 84 million U.S. homes. Globally, National Geographic Channel is available in more than 440 million homes in 171 countries and 45 languages. For more information, visit www.natgeotv.com. About USA TODAY USA TODAY is a multi-platform news and information media company. Founded in 1982, USA TODAY's mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation. Through its unique visual storytelling, USA TODAY delivers high-quality and engaging content across print, digital, social and video platforms. An innovator of news and information, USA TODAY reflects the pulse of the nation and serves as the host of the American conversation – today, tomorrow and for decades to follow. USA TODAY reaches a monthly audience of more than 44 million. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI). (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120913/DC73541LOGO) SOURCE USA TODAY
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV