BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- It's only Tuesday, but it's already been an eventful week on Wall Street.
Mobile phone maker BlackBerry ( BBRY) announced that the takeover plan being pursued by its biggest shareholder fell through, tanking shares in yesterday's session. Twitter revealed that it would likely price its oversubscribed IPO higher than initially planned. And news hit that legendary hedge fund SAC Capital was shutting its doors and paying a record $1.8 billion fine to the government after drawn-out insider trading allegations.
Sure, those are some big headlines, but ignore them. They might make for some interesting reading, but they're not going to make you any money. Instead, there are plenty of names that look a whole lot more promising right now.That's why we're taking a closer technical look at five individual names with breakout potential this week. >>5 Big Stocks to Trade for Big Gains For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV