- On October 5, 2013, a Coast Guard watchstander in Sector Key West ( Key West, Fla.) heard an emergency call from a boat captain traveling from Naples to Key West. A fire onboard had severely damaged the boat's radio and propulsion system. Before it failed, the radio operated just long enough to send a two-second "Mayday" call. Using position/location information generated by the Rescue 21 system, a C-130 search plane and Coast Guard rescue boat found the stranded mariner and returned the captain and his vessel to shore.
- In July 2013, a boat carrying Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland became lost at sea off Cape Cod, Mass. The captain of the vessel called for assistance; using the Rescue 21 system, Sector Boston located the boat and sent help to escort the wayward vessel back to shore.
- Following hurricane Sandy in October 2012, Rescue 21 systems located along the East Coast helped the Coast Guard coordinate interagency command, control and communications that were essential to disaster recovery.
General Dynamics-built Rescue 21 System Conducts 60,000 Search And Rescue Operations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.