- Boulder Mudslingers – Established soon after the 2013 flood in Colorado, Boulder Mudslingers is a community-organized flood relief organization that coordinates cleanup projects between homeowners and volunteers. Six groups of employees from WhiteWave’s corporate office in Broomfield volunteered with Boulder Mudslingers to help those affected by the floods. The groups worked to help restore a number of farms north of Boulder that had suffered great devastation to their land, barns and living structures.
- SAME Café – SAME is an acronym for "So All May Eat," and SAME Café’s mission is to serve good food for the greater good and build a healthy community. The restaurant’s philosophy is that everyone, regardless of economic status, deserves the chance to eat healthy food while being treated with dignity. Instead of a cash register, a donation box is available for people to pay what they feel their meal is worth. If patrons can’t give cash, they exchange an hour of volunteer work at SAME for one of the café’s meals which are made-from-scratch with mostly local and organic foods. The WhiteWave volunteer teams scrubbed dishes, made pizza dough, chopped organic veggies and helped serve customers.
- Food Banks – Many WhiteWave employees volunteered at their local food banks including: Community Food Share and Food Bank of the Rockies in Colorado, Free Store Food Bank in Cincinnati, Northwest Arkansas Food Bank, Maryland Food Bank, North Texas Food Bank and Second Harvest Food Banks in California and Florida. Volunteers helped sort, organize, pack and weigh more than 70,000 pounds of donated food.
- Serving Meals – Employees from WhiteWave’s plant in Mount Crawford, Va. cooked and served warm chili to hundreds of people at the Harrisonburg Salvation Army while members of WhiteWave’s Dallas plant served dinner at the Dallas LIFE Homeless Shelter.
WhiteWave Foods Creates Month-Long, Company-Strong Volunteer Month
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.