Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified DigitalGlobe (DGI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified DigitalGlobe as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DGI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.9 million.
- DGI has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- DGI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DGI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DGI NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on DGI: DigitalGlobe, Inc. provides commercial earth imagery products and services in the Americas and internationally. The company operates in two segments, Defense and Intelligence, and Commercial. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate DigitalGlobe a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for DigitalGlobe has been 782,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. DigitalGlobe has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 0.40 and a short float of 7.6% with 3.89 days to cover. Shares are up 30.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DigitalGlobe as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.85, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, DGI has a quick ratio of 1.94, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market, DIGITALGLOBE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $29.00 million or 38.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full DigitalGlobe Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about DGI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV