Oshkosh (OSK) ($48.53) matched EPS estimates earning 49 cents a share in premarket trading on Thursday. The sell rated maker of vehicle bodies is above its 200-day SMA at $42.18 with my semiannual pivot at $47.75 and semiannual risky level at $48.19.
Bankrate (RATE) ($17.12) missed EPS estimates by 3 cents earning 11 cents a share in afterhours trading on Wednesday. The hold rated aggregator of financial market data gapped below its 50-day SMA at $19.69 on Thursday to a low of $16.20. The 200-day SMA is $15.34 with a quarterly risky level at $20.37.
Strayer Education (STRA) ($37.85) beat EPS estimates by 25 cents earning 30 cents a share in premarket trading on Thursday. The hold rated education company gapped below its 200-day SMA at $48.11 to a new multi-year low at $37.35 on Nov. 1. My monthly risky level is $40.39.
Weight Watchers (WTW) ($33.63) beat EPS estimates by 23 cents earning $1.07 on Wednesday. The stock gapped below its 50-day SMA at $37.82 on Thursday to a new multi-year low at $31.49 on Friday. The hold rated weight control company has a quarterly value level at $29.56 with a monthly pivot at $37.41 and quarterly risky level at $42.14.Olympic Steel (ZEUS) ($26.95) missed EPS estimates by 27 cents earning 12 cents a share premarket on Thursday. The sell rated producer of steel broke below its 50-day SMA at $28.07 to a test of its 200-day SMA at $24.93 with a reaction low at $24.56. My semiannual value level at $25.01 was tested at the low with a quarterly risky level at $29.00. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV