"I have been truly blessed and privileged to be a part of a great organization with a truly unique and 'best in class' culture like Nucor for over 31 years. I owe my success to all those in my life who have believed in and supported me from the time I entered the world and who continue to do so today, from my parents and family to my teammates. I want to thank our Board for their support and for the honorary title of Nucor's Chairman Emeritus. It is an honor that I will forever treasure as I will always consider myself part of this great Nucor team."
John Ferriola has stepped repeatedly into roles of increasing responsibility as part of Nucor's succession planning. An electrical engineer by training, Ferriola joined Nucor in 1992 as manager of maintenance and engineering at the Jewett, Texas bar mill. Through his first decade with the company, Ferriola served as general manager at three divisions: Vulcraft Texas in Grapeland, the bar mill in Norfolk, Nebraska, and the sheet mill in Crawfordsville, Indiana. He was named Vice President in 1996, Executive Vice President in 2002, and Chief Operating Officer of Steelmaking Operations in 2007. In January 2011, the Board of Directors appointed him Nucor's President and Chief Operating Officer and elected him to the Board. Ferriola has served as Chief Executive Officer and President of Nucor since January 2013.
"I am honored to be given the opportunity to serve as Chairman of Nucor," Ferriola said. "I thank the Board for their confidence in me, and I thank our 22,000 teammates for their support that made this honor possible."
"This announcement reflects the thoughtful, planned transition of leadership at Nucor," Milchovich said. "John's appointment as President in 2011 and as CEO in 2013 laid the groundwork for a seamless transition in leadership."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV