BELLEVUE, Wash., Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Egencia®, the business travel brand of Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE), today announced the worldwide launch of Egencia® TripNavigator, a "smart travel companion" app for business travelers. Egencia TripNavigator improves travelers' in-trip experiences by displaying a contextual, actionable view of the itinerary and integrating real-time trip alerts to reduce friction as travel plans change, expectedly or unexpectedly.
"Consumer brands have set a high bar with leisure travel apps that travel management companies, like Egencia, need to meet in order to drive sustained use of corporate travel apps," says Rob Greyber, president of Egencia. "Egencia TripNavigator brings the best consumer travel experience to the enterprise user, serving as a must-have mobile travel assistant with integrated access to Egencia Customer Service when help is needed."
As mobile adoption grows around the world, corporate travelers are turning to their smartphones and tablets for help. In fact, a recent Future of Travel survey from Expedia® and Egencia found that 18-30 year-olds are far likelier than 46-65 year-olds to consider mobile devices to be central to their travel experience.
With a consumer-grade interface, Egencia TripNavigator incorporates technology from the Expedia brand's acquisition of Mobiata®, a creator of best-selling mobile travel apps, with a design that has been optimized for the more complex world of business travel. Developed with feedback from Egencia customers, the app provides travelers with step-by-step navigation, much like a GPS device offers driving directions, and features, among other things, access to Egencia's robust global hotel inventory.Egencia TripNavigator provides a clear and interactive view of the traveler's current trip by delivering relevant information based on the trip timeline. TripNavigator calls out important information and the logical action a traveler should take next. For example:
- It is time to check-in for your flight and a check-in action;
- A hotel has not yet been booked for your trip with an option to book a hotel now;
- Remember to fill up your rental car including an interactive map to guide a user to nearby gas stations;
- Your flight is delayed or cancelled along with actions to book a new flight or a room at a local hotel; and
- A major event (with details) is impacting your travel plans and options to connect with an Egencia Travel Consultant.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV