Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP) (NYSE:LPX) reported today results for the third quarter of 2013, which included the following:
- Total sales for the third quarter of $507 million were higher by 10 percent compared to the year ago quarter.
- Income from continuing operations was $38 million ($0.26 per diluted share).
- Non-GAAP adjusted income from continuing operations was $19 million ($0.13 per diluted share).
- Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations for the third quarter was $65 million compared to $75 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $670 million as of September 30, 2013.
“Each of our business segments generated positive adjusted EBITDA in the quarter,” CEO Curt Stevens said. “OSB prices continued to decline in the quarter which hurt our earnings while Siding and South America had better results than the same quarter last year.”
For the third quarter of 2013, LP reported income from continuing operations of $38 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, as compared to $31 million, or $0.22 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2012.
ORIENTED STRAND BOARD (OSB) SEGMENTLP’s OSB segment manufactures and distributes OSB structural panel products. The OSB segment reported net sales for the third quarter of 2013 of $245 million, an increase from $227 million of net sales in the third quarter of 2012. For the third quarter of 2013, the OSB segment reported operating income of $30 million compared to $49 million in the third quarter of 2012. For the third quarter, adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations for this segment decreased by $14 million compared to the third quarter of 2012. For the third quarter, sales volumes were higher by 15 percent and sales prices decreased by 5 percent compared to the same period in 2012. The decrease in sales price accounted for approximately $13 million of the decrease in both operating results and adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV