Survey Finds Having a Defined Supply Chain Strategy Leads to Growth and Performance
- 50 per cent of Canadian businesses have a supply chain strategy in place
- 84 per cent of businesses agree that understanding and effectively managing their supply chain and shipping were key factors in driving growth and profit
- Businesses with a supply chain strategy are 12 per cent more likely to meet or exceed their growth targets compared to those that do not
- 30 per cent of businesses suggested that supply chain and shipping is important, but that it is not a priority because they are too small
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Nov. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - Supply chain strategy has emerged from the shadows and is increasingly being recognized as a key pillar of growth and profit. More than 80 per cent of business leaders agree that a well-managed supply chain is a key competitive advantage in today's global economy. This insight comes at a time when consumers and businesses are increasingly demanding a more consistent experience across the multiple channels and jurisdictions. As a result, businesses are leveraging the power of a streamlined global supply chain in an effort to improve mobility, visibility and scalability.
According to a survey of Canadian businesses commissioned by UPS Canada and conducted by Leger Marketing, 80 per cent of businesses with a supply chain/shipping strategy met or exceeded their growth targets last year, whereas businesses without a defined strategy were 12 per cent less likely to reach their targets.
"These results indicate that businesses with a defined supply chain strategy perform better than those that don't and that businesses of all sizes can leverage this opportunity to increase competitiveness and profitability," said Jim Ramsay, vice-president of Global Freight Forwarding, UPS Canada. "Customers are demanding improved visibility, scalability and mobility — be it via ecommerce or commercial shipping — and the supply chain is essentially the nervous system that delivers the end experience in the most efficient, cost effective manner. High tech and well managed supply chains are a potential cash cow for business."The survey also indicated that of those businesses with a defined strategy, 84 per cent agreed that understanding and effectively managing their supply chain and shipping operations were key factors in driving growth and profit opportunities in the last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV