- Revenue for the quarter totaled $742.3 million, an increase of 5% from $709.0 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Excluding the impact of foreign currency, local currency sales increased 4%, led by 8% growth in the emerging markets.
- Operating profit for the quarter totaled $141.5 million, compared with $134.2 million in the prior year. Excluding restructuring and other charges and operational improvement costs in the current quarter 1, adjusted operating profit increased 7% to $144.1 million, or 19.4% of sales, up from $134.2 million, or 18.9% of sales, in the prior year.
- Reported net income totaled $99.0 million, compared with $16.4 million in the third quarter of 2012. Excluding restructuring and other charges and operational improvement initiative costs from the current quarter, and a $72.4 million charge related to the Spanish tax settlement from the prior year’s results 1, adjusted net income increased 14% to $100.8 million from $88.7 million in the prior year.
- Reported earnings per share totaled $1.20 compared with earnings per share of $0.20 in the third quarter of 2012. Excluding restructuring and other charges from the current quarter and the Spanish tax charge from the prior year quarter 1, adjusted earnings per share increased 13% to $1.22 from $1.08 per share in the third quarter of 2012.
IFF Reports Third Quarter 2013 Local Currency Sales Growth Of 4% And Adjusted EPS Growth Of 13% To $1.22 Per Diluted Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts