PORTLAND, Ore., Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Now paying less for fuel is more than just a dream, it is a reality for Fuel Rewards Network™ (FRN) Members. Since the Fuel Rewards Network™ program launch in June 2012, drivers across the country have saved more than $100 million on high quality fuel at Shell 1. And now, through an everyday offer, Shell, the No. 1 selling gasoline brand in the U.S., and the Fuel Rewards Network program will give FRN™ Members across the country and in Portland instant savings at the pump by taking a minimum of 3 cents off per gallon instantly on every fill-up at participating Shell-branded stations.
While the 3 cents per gallon savings is an exciting new offer, the Fuel Rewards Network program offers a variety of ways to earn rewards to save even more at the pump. FRN Members in Portland can take as much as one, two, three dollars or more off per gallon on their fuel purchases just by using the FRN program, with FRN Members saving on average 26 cents per gallon on their purchases of all grades of Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines. And some really savvy FRN Members have paid as little as one cent per gallon 2.
"FRN Members are experiencing the ease of earning rewards on items they are already buying, then combining those rewards for tangible fuel savings," says Jim Perkins, North American Marketing Alliance Manager. "More than 44 percent of FRN Members are new Shell customers who can now see their money-saving goals become a reality by paying less for fuel at Shell. In April, we announced the program's national availability in nearly 200 cities coast-to-coast; and we are pleased to report that the FRN program is available at 160 participating Shell stations in Portland where FRN Members can take advantage of the program."
The FRN program goes beyond traditional loyalty programs by providing consumers with multiple opportunities to earn Fuel Rewards ® savings. The following ways to save are available to Portland consumers:
- Shop Online: Access nearly 700 brand name online merchants offering at least 5 cents per gallon for every $50 you spend. Some may offer 2x, 5x, 10x rewards or more to multiply savings!
- Dine Out: Link a payment card to the Dining program and earn 10 cents per gallon for every $50 you spend at participating restaurants in the Portland area, including Korkage Wine Bar & Shop, Wild Abandon, Sushi & Maki Restaurant and more.
- Shop at Shell: Purchase specially marked products inside the convenience store as well as car washes or auto services at participating Shell stations in the Portland area to earn Fuel Rewards savings through the Shell ® Fuel Rewards ® program.
- Visit fuelrewards.com and click "Sign Up."
- Enter your information.
- Select "I have a card" and then "FRN Card" if you already picked up an FRN Card at a participating Shell station, or select "I need a card" to request one to be mailed to you.
- Enter your card number and card PIN (if you already have a card). Follow the steps to complete online enrollment.
- You can also sign up for the FRN program and request or activate your FRN Card by downloading the FRN Mobile App for iPhone or Android.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV