SEATTLE, Nov. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and the Lion Group, Indonesia's largest airline group, today commemorated the delivery of the carrier's 100th Next-Generation 737 at a special event.
"This is an amazing moment for the Lion Group," said Lion Group President Director Rusdi Kirana. "We've grown from one airplane and today we're taking our 100th Next-Generation 737. It's an airplane that has allowed us to grow and be successful because of the low operating cost and passenger comfort."
The Lion Group's 100th airplane, a 737-900ER (Extended Range) features a special livery commemorating the delivery.
"I want to congratulate Lion Air on this special milestone," said Dinesh Keskar, senior vice president of Asia Pacific and India Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "Few airlines reach its centennial delivery so quickly, and we're proud that the 737 is part of Lion Air's growth into one of the world's largest low-cost carriers."Lion Air, which was established in 1999, was also the launch customer for the 737-900ER. Lion Air mainline currently operates 67 737-900ERs and 19 737-800s. The group's other Next-Generation 737s are allocated to its full-service carrier in Indonesia, Batik Air, and to its overseas affiliates: Malindo Air in Malaysia and Thai Lion Air, a new carrier based in Bangkok. The Next-Generation 737 is the best-selling and most fuel-efficient single-aisle airplane in the world. Boeing will continue improving fuel-efficiency with the 737 MAX, a new engine variant of the 737, which delivers an additional 14 percent improvement in reduced fuel use, compared to the Next-Generation 737. All of the Lion Group's new 737 deliveries feature the Boeing Sky Interior, the 787 Dreamliner inspired cabin. On board, passengers will enjoy a greater sense of spaciousness with decorative sculpted sidewalls, larger window reveals, LED mood lighting and larger pivot stowage bins.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV