Rouse Properties, Inc. (the "Company" or "Rouse") (NYSE:RSE) a national owner of regional enclosed malls, today announced consolidated and combined results for the three months ended September 30, 2013.
"Our third quarter results reinforce the progress we are making in executing our strategic initiatives," stated Andrew Silberfein, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We continued to achieve strong leasing volumes, contributing to a 170 basis point increase in occupancy and an 80 basis point increase in leased percentage on a sequential basis. The 21.4% increase in Core FFO we reported year-to-date demonstrates the upside we have started to capture through our portfolio and balance sheet initiatives. As we look ahead, we expect to benefit further from the impact of 707,000 square feet of leases which are signed but not yet open, producing $11.1 million of incremental NOI, coming on line beginning in the fourth quarter."
Operational and Financial Highlights Third Quarter 2013
- Leased 530,000 square feet in the quarter, the sixth straight quarter with over 525,000 square feet leased.
- Inline leased percentage was 90.7% at quarter end, a gain of 140 basis points compared to the same period last year and 80 basis points sequentially.
- Occupied percentage was 88.2% at quarter end, an increase of 300 basis points compared to the same period last year and 170 basis points sequentially.
- Permanent leased percentage at quarter end increased 270 basis points compared to the end of the same period last year and 30 basis points sequentially.
- Total average rental rates for new and renewal leases, on a same suite basis, rose 9.1% and the initial rental rate for new and renewal leases increased 6.2%, on average, for leases executed during the quarter ended September 30, 2013.
- Same property average mall in-place rent for tenants less than 10,000 square feet increased 1.4%, year over year, to $38.99 from $38.47 per square foot; and 0.9% from $38.63 sequentially.
- Portfolio tenant sales increased 1.4% to $299 per square foot on a trailing twelve month basis.
Financial Results for the Three Months Ended September 30, 2013Core FFO was $18.7 million, or $0.37 per diluted share, as compared to $14.5 million, or $0.29 per diluted share in the prior year period. The increase over the prior period is primarily the result of the acquisition impact of the Mall at Turtle Creek and Greenville Mall which were acquired in December 2012 and July 2013 along with the refinancing of various loans within the portfolio.