MIDLAND, Texas, Nov. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diamondback Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq:FANG) ("Diamondback" or the "Company") today announced financial and operating results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013.
During the third quarter of 2013, net income was $14.6 million, or $0.33 per diluted share. Net income for the third quarter includes a non-cash loss on commodity derivatives of $1.7 million ($1.0 million net of tax), or $0.02 per diluted share. Without the impact of this item, net income for the third quarter of 2013 would have been $15.6 million, or $0.35 per diluted share.
- The Company's first horizontal Middle Spraberry test well, the Sarah Ann 3814H, a non-operated well in Midland County, had a peak 24 hour initial production ("IP") rate of 733 Boe/d (90% oil) on electric submersible pump. The well was completed with a 16 stage 5,041' lateral. Early oil production rates are comparable to Wolfcamp B rates. This Middle Spraberry test defines a new horizontal bench that has meaningfully increased the Company's identified potential horizontal drilling Spraberry locations to 360 gross (276 net) from 181 gross (139 net).
- The ST S 501H well in Midland County, with a 36 stage 8,926' lateral, achieved a peak naturally flowing 24 hour IP rate of 1,033 Boe/d (90% oil). This well has flowed for 38 days, which is encouraging since the natural flowback period is longer than any horizontal well Diamondback has completed to date. Diamondback typically experiences a significant increase in IP rates from artificial lift.
- The ST NW 3602H well in Midland County, with a 21 stage 5,020' lateral, achieved a peak 24 hour IP rate of 1,069 Boe/d (94% oil). This well is currently on gas lift.
- The ST NW 3603H well in Midland County, with a 21 stage 5,105' lateral, achieved a peak 24 hour IP rate of 934 Boe/d (89% oil). This well is currently on gas lift.
- The ST 4105H and ST 4106H wells, drilled from the Company's first two well pad, were completed with a total drilling and completion cost for both wells in the range of $10.5 million to $11.0 million. These wells were completed using the "zipper" frac technique with no operational issues. The ST 4105H well was completed with a 5,041' lateral length and 22 stages while the ST 4106H well was completed with a 4,801' lateral length and 21 stages. Flowback operations on both wells are underway.
- Continued progress lowering lease operating expense ("LOE") by 21% to $7.27/Boe during the third quarter of 2013 from $9.16/Boe in the second quarter of 2013 (after giving effect to the reclassification described in notes (a) and (b) in the guidance table below).
- EBITDA (as defined below) was $47.7 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV