TherapeuticsMD, Inc. (NYSE MKT:TXMD), a women’s healthcare company, today announced financial results for the three- and nine-month periods ended September 30, 2013.
Third Quarter 2013 Highlights:
- Net revenue increased to $2.3 million compared with $1.0 million for the third quarter of 2012;
- Net loss increased to $7.7 million as compared with a net loss of $4.3 million for the third quarter of 2012;
- Released results of a 48-patient, 14-day phase 1 clinical study, which indicated that treatment with TX 12-004-HR estradiol VagiCap™ at the 10μg dose improved objective measures of Vulvar and Vaginal Atrophy;
- Received the first-place prize at the North American Menopause Society (NAMS) 2013 Annual Meeting for our poster detailing findings on the first investigational combination 17β-estradiol and progesterone capsule (TX 12-001-HR E+P) that may have overcome the well-recognized difficulties of achieving good bioavailability with oral administration of these hormones in combination;
- Initiated the REPLENISH Trial, a phase 3 clinical trial designed to measure the safety and effectiveness of TX 12-001-HR E+P, in treating the symptoms of menopause;
- Raised approximately $33 million in gross proceeds through an underwritten offering of 13,750,000 shares of common stock; and,
- Appointed Sebastian Mirkin, M.D., a prominent women’s health product development executive with extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry and clinical research, as Chief Medical Officer, effective November 25, 2013.
Robert G. Finizio, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We are pleased with the progress of our clinical initiatives for our three hormone-candidate products and look forward to making continued headway to support our goal of bringing innovative women’s healthcare products to market. The recognition that we received by NAMS for our innovative poster, underscoring the potential benefits of our combination product, the significant hire of Dr. Sebastian Mirkin and a solid balance sheet creates strong, positive momentum for TXMD.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts