DALLAS, Nov. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Much like mayors of competing Super Bowl cities, high-ranking executives of two leading commercial real estate and investment companies who are particularly well-known in Dallas have agreed to a friendly wager surrounding the MetroPCS Dallas Marathon on December 8.
The bet was sealed when Roger Staubach, Executive Chairman, Americas for Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), recently accepted a challenge from Behringer Harvard's CEO, Bob Aisner. Each company will send a team to compete in the SMU Cox Corporate Relay Challenge, an event associated with the MetroPCS Dallas Marathon that has been sponsored by Behringer Harvard for eight consecutive years. The team finishing with the faster time will win the challenge.
"I'm thrilled that my friend and NFL legend Roger Staubach has accepted our challenge on behalf of Jones Lang LaSalle. I hope this inspires other executives to extend a similar challenge to another team participating in the Corporate Relay Challenge," said Aisner. "It's all good fun for a good cause, but everyone knows Roger's a competitive guy. We definitely have our work cut out for us."A bit of humble pie is all that's at stake in this good-natured challenge. If JLL's team wins, Aisner, a Boston native and passionate Red Sox fan, must wear Staubach's No. 12 Dallas Cowboys jersey to the company's Addison offices. Conversely, if Aisner's Behringer Harvard team wins, Staubach will be obliged to suit up in the jersey of the reigning World Series champs for a day at JLL's offices. "I accepted Bob's challenge because healthy competition is just good for the soul, and in this case, it's also good for our community," said Staubach. "We're both looking forward to seeing how many companies turn out for the Corporate Relay Challenge. I don't know who will have the faster team, JLL or Behringer Harvard, but I'll be waiting at the finish line to shake the winner's hand."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV